The Strategy of Merck More Than a Mother has been clearly defined as below:
- Creating a culture shift to de-stigmatize infertility and to respect and appreciate infertile women in Africa.
- Raising awareness about infertility prevention, management and male infertility by integrating it into healthcare infrastructure that already exists, such as HIV, maternal health and mother and child programs.
- Education and training for African embryologists and fertility specialists since the lack of trained and skilled staff is a big challenge.
- Building advocacy and open dialogue and working closely with partners that are African First Ladies, Ministries of Health, Education, Information & Communication, Gender, Academia, Research Institutions, media and art in building healthcare capacity and addressing health, social & economic challenges in developing countries and under-served communities.
- Empowering infertile and childless women socially and economically through access to information, health and change of mindset and empower women who cannot be treated anymore, through starting a small business for them to enable them to lead independent and happier lives through "Empowering Berna" project.