Merck Foundation Africa Asia Luminary is a yearly educational conference of Merck Foundation, it is conducted to contribute to the social and economic development of Africa and Asia. It is attended by more than 1000 Healthcare providers, policy makers, academia, researchers and health media from Sub- Saharan Africa, more than 60 English, French and Portuguese speaking countries annually, to benefit from valuable educational and social development sessions by top International experts in Diabetes, Fertility, Oncology, women health, Cardiology and Health Media training with the aim to raise health awareness and improve disease management, early detection and prevention, build healthcare capacity and improve access to quality and equitable healthcare solution.
Merck Foundation Africa Asia Luminary Objectives:
- Contribute to Social and Economic Development in Developing Countries
- Advance Healthcare Capacities and Capabilities.
- Improve Access to High Quality and Innovative Healthcare Solutions.
- Providing scientific programs, particularly designed to serve the unmet healthcare needs of Developing Countries with special focus on disease prevention and early detection and nutrition awareness.
- Engaging healthcare Providers and Academia in an open dialogue to explore the educational gaps with the aim to inform the successful implementation of Merck Foundation Programs.
- Meeting of Merck Foundation Alumni, the future experts of Africa and Asia, to exchange experience and discuss challenges and solutions of their training programs.
- Address the stigma and social perception of infertility and define intervention to improve access to regulated, safe and effective fertility care and break the stigma around infertile women in Africa.
- Assist in developing and implementing comprehensive cancer control and prevention programs and oncology Fellowship program that will improve access to cancer care in Africa.
- Networking opportunities to exchange knowledge and experience across Africa, Asia and beyond.