Call for Applications
Theme: Raise awareness on how to adapt best protection measures such as wearing your masks to show you care and love your family & community; to encourage your community to choose to vaccinate when it is available and to sensitize them to support healthcare workers who are at the forefront of COVID 19 pandemic.
Most creative and influential media work addressing the theme on a regular basis will be eligible to win the awards.
Submission by: 30th SEPTEMEBER 2021
Who can apply: Journalists from Print, Radio, Online, and Multimedia platforms from below groups:
1) Southern African Countries
2) West African Countries
3) East African Countries
4) African French Speaking Countries
5) African Portuguese Speaking Countries
6) Latin American Countries
7) Asian Countries
How to Apply: Entries can be submitted via email to:
*The Subject line of the mail should mention: Merck Foundation “MASK UP WITH CARE” Media Recognition Awards 2021
Please specify your Name, Country, Category of Application, and Contact details in the mail.
Sending multiple applications will increase the chances of winning the award.
- The selection committee may decide to grant awards to more winners for each category based on the number and quality of applications received.
- Submissions should be published and available in the public domain in order to be eligible.
- Winners will be notified personally via email, followed by a press release for public announcement and on the Merck Foundation and partners website and social media channels by the end of October 2021.
Call for Applications for West African Countries
Call for Applications for East African Countries
Call for Applications for African Portuguese Speaking Countries
Call for Applications for African French Speaking Countries
Call for Applications for African Portugues Speaking Countries
Call for Applications for Latin American Countries
Call for Applications for Asian Countries
“MASK UP WITH CARE” Media Recognition Awards Committee:
The committee is formed to select the winners in an unbiased manner, based on evaluating the quality of information included to sensitize the communities about how to adapt best protection measures such as wearing your masks to show you care and love your family & community; to encourage your community to choose to vaccinate when it is available and to sensitize them to support healthcare workers who are at the forefront of COVID 19 pandemic
Senator, Dr. Rasha Kelej
CEO of Merck Foundation
Merck Foundation Program Senior Director
Merck Foundation Communication Manager
Kanaga Janani Chandrasekaran
Merck Foundation Community Awareness Coordinator
Merck Foundation Communication and Community Awareness Manager